Monday, July 25, 2011

Weed lover!

everyday i long for this serene view.

devotees in a huge number Monday morning date 25th of july 2011

he didn't mind when i took his snap.

It was a normal Sunday morning, like the very much normal days I headed to pashupati area for morning walk. Like the obvious normal days, I made myself head to this area where there are many benches to rest and one can easily observe the activities that takes place.
This time I had a friend with me to talk and to enjoy the environment. We sat by a bench at the end of the row. I had earphones of my phone clapped to my both ears; I was lost in listening to the songs of Beatles. The song “when I get older losing my hair many years from now, will you still be sending me valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine” it’s a great song of Beatles; the name of the song is “when I am 64”.
 I was telling my friend that this song is really good so probably she should listen to it. She was searching songs in my phone while I took out the book that I placed in her side bag while walking. I looked for the mark of the bookmarker and continued with the story. “My path leads to Tibet” is the book of a young blind lady who travels alone to Tibet to who has this dream project to build a blind school for the blind children in Tibet.
I was reading with an ease as the environment was just perfect. Just then a loud music interrupted my attention. It was provoking me in someway. I was thinking within myself ‘earphones are made because not to disturb others and for private use, why don’t they make the best use of it??
I could still hear the music going louder then, I felt now its time to see who it is. I turned to back; I found two young guys sitting by the bench at or back doing something I have not seen before. They were doing something on a piece of paper and at the same time they were nodding their head with the music and singing along enjoying the song, I should say the loud music.
I was irritated with their loud music at that time of early morning, when someone was at his last stage and counting his leftover lungful of air and people were carrying the person in a sheet, and placed him by the Bagmati river where people are cremated with Hindu rituals.
It was more apprehensive time for me when they walked towards our bench and sat at the next bench. They were talking with each other in Nepali but I didn’t get anything what they were talking. They guy sitting near to me was wearing a black shirt with dark blue denim. Light brown leather laced timberland shoes with the matching color of leather belt. He was carrying a side bag completed from garment I guess. He had a very nice watch to compliment his facial looks, but his ear top gave me this feel that if he is a Rock star.  He along with his fellow friend smoked straight away. They were exhaling the smokes and it was certainly passing by us. The smoke was different from usual. The black shirt guy was acting like a don of area. He was still playing the loud music and singing alone as if he doesn’t really cares of what the rest of the world thinks of him.
He took out a packet wrapped in paper from his pocket and start doing the same thing he was doing before. He was again busy searching in the paper; he was no different than a monkey there. He was spitting anywhere, eewww that was gross! He was walking here and there like a fighter who is not scared of anything else.
Another guy with light blue shirt walked in, they shared handshake like a gentlemen,
K cha yaaar? Said the light blue shirt.
Thik cha yaar; the black shirt guy
So when time did you come; the light blue shirt.
Early morning, don’t know the time dude; a constant reply from the black shirt.
The black shirt guy was staring at us; maybe it was because I was looking at their activities. The blue shirt guy joined them in smoking. They were enjoying the each puff and passing the single cigarette and sharing in harmony.
When I asked them what they were smoking…without any hesitation they replied ‘Gaanza’ ‘Marijuana’.
What ??? Marijuana ?here? And in this public place?
My eyes popped out with shock, it was a shock of guys smoking, it was a shock of these youngsters smoking confidently in such open and public area where people are gathered for morning exercise, meditations.
Aye lala,
So you guys are not afraid of the cops, because I always see them around.
La didi, kai garcha yo police haru ley,
They might give couple of slaps and leave that’s it. Nothing else but only if we get caught which is not easy. By the way good thing is, we know most of the cops here so won’t be any dilemma.
How old are you? I asked the black shirt guy.
23 with an ease her answered.
Do you study?
It’s been long time, I have not touched the books and I left my study because I just couldn’t give any will.
I don’t like staying home whole day. I don’t like reading. I don’t like to study any more now.
I like playing guitar, I love to smoke weed, I love to hang around with friends,
I entertain people by playing music.
Do you smoke every day like the early morning?
La didi, k huncha, smoking weed is fun, its herbal. And even the Hollywood stars involved in drugs.
Tapai lai thaha cha didi, guns and roses have this band on his head? Do you know the reason?
I made a gesture of facial expression wanting to know the reason.
It’s because he hides his drugs in it. He carries his drugs along with his every time he is on stage. So weed gives this feel to get along with music. And music without feel is absurd.
Ho ki hoina bhannus ta didi.
I nodded my head in disguise.
So does that mean that you will be involving in weed for the rest of your life?
Hoina didi, ma mero zindagi ma ramaula pani and sai barcha pani nagaula!
( I will enjoy my life and will cross the century)
He was in fact trying to say that he won’t die like the rock starts normally end their life in the middle of the way.
Iwas watching his hang moves and my eyes were caught the time in his watch; it was already quarter to 8 by the time he was still explaining things to be about him. I was getting late home as I have to reach my office too.
I stood up and tapped my shoes; I guess I am getting late have to leave now.
Do you come here every day? They asked.
Yes I do and this particular place is one of my favorite. By the way “I like that pink Floyd’s song “wishes you were here” that you were playing before.

I left with a smile and so did they. J

Smile to life






2 comments: